You may recognize Elle Lenz from previous blog post with other artist but I finally got a chance to link up with the beautiful upcoming model to get some insight on her personal life and rising career. Despite her striking looks and already well established portfolio, Elle is very down to earth, cool, & interesting girl…ENJOY!
Born in Corpus Christi,Texas 20 year old Elle Lenz has blossomed into the woman you see today through hard work, dedication, & a dream. After moving to Atlanta in 2007, she got her first modeling gig as a hair model with Joico, which started her quest to become a professional model. She has now been a freelance model for the past four years and is currently attending college to become a Medical Radiologist.
How long have you been interested in modeling?
- I’ve been interested in modeling since I was young. My mother used to do Runway modeling & she taught me about the industry.
Who are your favorite TOP 10 models of all time?
- I know of 7 that peep my interest right now, Not in any order… 1. Jessica Vaugn 2. Stanija Dobrojevic 3. Adriana Lima 4. Laura Stone 5. Kate Moss 6. Kourtney Kardashian 7. Marilyn Monroe
What are some of your favorite Fashion Magazines?
- I love any magazine I can get my hands on, I actually collect every one I buy. lol But to name some.. Elle, Harper, Cosmo, Vogue, Fashion Insider, Glamour
Was there any person or particular event that happened in your life in which you KNEW modeling was what you wanted to do?
-Growing up… my friends & classmates in school always complimented me on how I should model or how I looked like one [lol]. I even had a 4th grade teacher write me in a Thank You card that she knew she would see me in a magazine one day. Those kind of things encouraged me to pursue my modeling career.
For all inquiring minds are you currently dating anyone?
- I am Single and my sign is a fierce Scorpio [lol]!
Have you found dating to be any different since starting your modeling career?
- Not too much, I feel it has stayed about the same. I tend not to date very often or much at all.
What do you look for in your ideal mate?
- My ideal mate would be someone who cares about their health and body by understanding the importance of staying in shape. They would also have to be ambitious with good morals & values. I also really enjoy someone who gets involved & helps support me on my goals or ideas because being a team is what a relationship is all about.
Besides modeling what other activities do you enjoy doing?
- Shopping!.. of course. I’m really down to earth I just like doing regular fun things although trying new exciting things sparks my interest as well!
Are there anyone in the industry (models, photographers,make-up artist, magazines, blogs, etc.) that you hope to work with in the near future?
- I hope to work with as many successful people or companies that I can. I hope to take my career to the top and one day become a household name.
What do you bring to the modeling world that may be different from your peers?
- My ability to be versatile. I think that helps me out the most.
Are there any other career paths that you plan to take after or during your journey in modeling?
- I currently go to technical college to receive my Associates of Radiology.
So who are some of the people you’ve worked with thus far?
- I have worked with many, including some familiar celebs…..
• Andre “The Player” Jackson - “Get U Rite” Music Video 2011
• Room413 Magazine - Editorial Spread (www.room413mag.com) 2011
• Sugar Mafia Co. - Viral Promo Video (http://youtu.be/ekg6b8l8mFE)
• The Hard Nine Magazine - May Issue (http://www.thehardnine.com) 2011
• ShooterFoto Magazine - Feb & March Issue (www.shooterfoto.info) 2011
• America’s Mart Atlanta - BuckyBalls (www.getbuckyballs.com) 2011
• Bronner Brother Int. Hair Show 2010
• Photo Shoot Party 2010
• GB Int. Fashion Show 2010
• Cotrice Designs 2010
• Project 360 All White Tie Affair 2010
• G-Fresh - “Good Day” Music Video 2010
• Malachi & James Wade - “Look At You” Music Video 2010
• Travis Porter - “Chevrolet” Music Video 2010
• Joico 2007
Where can people reach you or view your work?
- www.twitter.com/ellelenz ( Follow me, I give followbacks ;-D )
Any closing statements to the viewers and readers….
- I hope to all of the readers who didn’t know me prior to this, have a new sparked interest and will look at my work. For those who do know me I hope you continue to support me through my journey!
“Be Yourself” -Elle Lenz
There has been major local buzz surrounding Mercedes Raines the upcoming talent based out of Atlanta, GA whose creative take on the art which is Make-Up not only captivates the eye but also leaves her clients feeling extraordinarily beautiful and smiling from ear to ear with her work. Luckily I was able to catch up with the genius that is Ms. Raines to get a further look into her journey of artistic expression where she uses the face as her canvas to display her talents…….
What inspired you to become a make-up artist?
I’ve always been a fan of any and everything related to beauty! I enjoy making individuals feel and look great!
With there being so many different products on the market, how do manage to narrow down the most suitable for you to work with?
I usually check out beauty blogs or look at product reviews. It’s all about trial and error for me when it comes to products I buy them and try them out, which usually allows me to narrow down what I feel is suitable for my clients.
With that being which products are your favorite (Foundation…Eye Shadow…Bronzer…Lipstick) to use?
Maybelline 24hr Stay is a great foundation, Makeup Forever has very vibrant colors and blends extremely well, Two-Faced Bronzer is simply radiant and gives the skin a natural glow, even though I use many glosses and lipsticks I would have to say Revlon is an all time favorite of mine.
What do you suggest for busy women on the go, whom may not have time for a make-up artist but want a refreshing look that doesn’t require expertise?
Well as for myself, I’m all about keeping it simple when I am on the go….well groomed brows, eyeliner, mascara, tinted lip gloss and bronzer always does the trick :)
What would you say is the most challenging about breaking into the industry?
I can’t speak for everyone but for myself the most challenging was trying to figure out where to start. There are so many great MUA’s (make-up artist) which is why I continue to make it my main focus to set my work apart from the rest!
How long did it take you to get to your level of expertise?
I began my professional journey last summer (2010), so I’m fairly NEW to the industry [LOL]. Many long nights of staying up late watching make up tutorials, viewing youtube videos and lots of practice on myself lead me to where I am today.
Who are some of your favorite make-up artist?
Even though I enjoy the work of several artist, I would have to say my favorite is based right here in Atlanta. Tierra Burrell who is truly an amazing artist and a huge inspiration to my growth and success.
Last but not least how can people get in contact with you for inquires?
I specialize in all areas so I’m available for editorial spreads, photo shoots, & makeovers, and everyday needs such as brows and lashes.
You may contact me via: